Sunday 2 July 2017

14. Day’s End


This day, O God, has been another masterpiece.

The sun shone, even when I did turn my face to it.
The water flowed, even when I forgot my thirst.
Breath filled my song and love filled my heart.
You provided food for my table
and family for my home.

How is it that I went through this day,
taking so much for granted?
Forgive me, for not having lived into today’s fullness.

This day, O God, has indeed been your masterpiece,
and I have been privileged to enjoy it.
I can only wonder and say thanks… for today.

Grant me rest this night
and, if it be your will that I rise again tomorrow,
make me mindful of the fullness of life
You place before me.
Amen

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.