Thursday 6 February 2020

Evocation #51 Prophet

Speak! Speak up!
Do not let death silence your voice.
So much to say and such style in the saying.
Where is the voice of the prophet beyond the grave?
Is it in the stories we tell or the sayings you left?
Is it in the actions and accountabilities you set in train?

You gave me voice and agency...
In marriage, in partnership, in life.
You saw me and heard me.
You were the mirror truer than any physical reflection,
Offering appreciation and the blessed critique
of drawing forth the better yet to come.

You invested in the unsure voice,
in the cracked pot, in the bruised lover.
You saw what I could be, at my best,
even though you knew my worst.

Who will prophecy over my life now?

(C) A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.