Wednesday 4 April 2018

Voices in the silence

We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” 
“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” 
“I raise up my voice-not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard...we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
― Malala Yousafzai
________

Shhhhhh
[Silence]
Hmmmm
[Silence]
Shhhhhh
[Silence]
Hmmmm
[Silence]

Ahhhh - ohhh - ahhh -ayeee [vocalise solo]

From the bowels of the earth
Seeds of life fill my being
I sense the fire 
driving breath throughout my soul

From the caverns underground
Vibrant streams flood my seeing
I behold the colours 
Swirling round my core  

From the death of fallen fruit
Shoots of green break through terrain
I feel tingling in the cells
Flowing through my veins

[instrumentals, featuring moments of silence, and finishing in silence...]

I raise my voice - out of the void
I raise my voice - out of emptiness
I sing this song - out of the space around me
I sing these words - when no-one wants to hear

I will not be silenced!
I will not withdraw!
I will sing with my every breath -
I will form the words for all -

These are the names of forgotten
The names of those whose harmonies -
are needed to bring peace -
and missing from our tables -
are hidden from the pictures
that we paint of common life.

I will not be silenced!
I will not withdraw!
I will sing with my every breath -
I will form the words for all -

C.2018,  A.Koh-Butler






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.