Thursday 1 June 2023

In the context of Mission

 Meditation in the Context of Mission [3 voices]

Voice 1       They walk past me.

They avoid me. Stepping around me, averting their eyes.

I am the invisible poor and lonely and unloved.

Voice 2       They do not respond.

I call out, asking for just a meal or even an acknowledgement.

                   They listen to their pods, blocking out my hopelessness.

Voice 3       My voice is weak. My words are disjointed.

                   I long for the chorus of encouragement and comfort.

                   I long for the songs of lament I cannot even sing.

ACT OF CONFESSION

We place our hands over our eyes.

Forgive our blindness to the needs of the world.        

We place our hands over our ears.

Forgive our deafness to the voices of the oppressed.  

We place our hands over our mouths.

Forgive our silence in the face of suffering.   

Holy God, you see our faults and failings,

Forgive us we pray. Restore us, so we may rise to life to serve you all our days.

ASSURANCE OF PARDON

The Apostle Paul said, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.” [Romans 8:1-2]

People of God, you are forgiven! Thanks be to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.