Friday 17 January 2020

Evocation #31 Another life, a parallel universe

Today begins another attitude.
I walk with the bearing of widow.
If black were ever to fit it would be
with flash adornments of objection integrated.

You desert me
yet continue to pester and nag,
ringing your bell and calling my attention
only to find there is nothing I can do
to settle your agitation.

I prepare and plan a day without you,
so you gather yourself to barge in without invitation.
Do you think it is your place or your right
to so disturb and possibility of peace?
Yes - it’s all about you, isn’t it?

Well, I have new for you:
Today begins another attitude.
I walk with the bearing of widow.
So take your place, but know,
Today I have another life.

(C) A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.