Monday 20 January 2020

Evocation #35 Wrapped



Blues matched,
stitched together,
Diversity gathered,
bound in love.
Prayers surrounding,
Sewn into generosity.
Tears shed
and dried on patches.
Symbol speaks
of reworking past into possibilities.
Padded embrace
allows comfort to flow.
Thoughtfulness and friendship
sees through tough time.
I am wrapped in love.
It is not the love I sought
but it is the love I need.
I am filled with gratitude
knowing hands reach me
when I cannot hold on.
Even as I fall
into seeming oblivion,
losing any sense of identity,
or purpose,
I hear your calling,
wrapping me in the beauty
of comfort.

I traveled on pilgrimage
to see penguins waddle and squeak
surfacing out of cold waters
and traversing windswept sands.
There I pondered creation and Creator,
Author of Life,
Conqueror of Death,
I wept in the darkness,
knowing the light will one day bring me home.
In the meantime,
I am wrapped in companionship,
in fellowship of faith,
in mystery
of loving
and grieving.

(C) A A Koh-Butler, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.