Wednesday 29 January 2020

Evocation #46 Groupinar

17 screens and pairs of eyes crying
Soul-searching, seeking midnight companions
Across the globe
Sharing
Grief...
Common human experience
Each story told is unique
Yet bonds form around fragility
Vulnerability
Reality
Rawness

Help is genuinely offered and sought
Yet - flits in allusive dances between us
As easy to pin down
as blown bubbles
on a summer day

Conversations or exchanges
Difficult to follow threads
confusion abounds, yet,
it is a form of progress
Even to be here
Or there
Or everywhere at the same tine

Every single day
The confrontation of this unbidden reality
Confounds and redefines
Who I am

I am no longer yours, but mine.
Not what I want.

Kubler-Ross can go jump.

Self-care is all very well
But let me name what is lost.

My protector, my delight,
My masseur, my advisor,
My leader, my follower,
My dinner date, my lover,
My reason to get up each day,
My reason to go to bed.

Some of me died with him.
Some of him lives on in me.

(c) A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.