Thursday 5 March 2020

Evocation #71 Forgive Me - a personal psalm

Help, O Lord!
I have anger and hatred.
I wish pain upon the one who is evil.
The perpetrator of abuse upon my beloved deserves death!

Even as I think the thoughts and write the words
I hear your prayer
echoing in my ears and clawing at my heart:
Forgive us as we forgive others...
My vehemence is real
and it allows evil to continue to work away in my soul.

Heal me, O Lord!
Bring back the love that encompasses pain.
Bring back the desire for goodness to overcome evil.
I long for the innocence of life in a garden of delight.
I miss the Eden you created and was stolen away.

I am heartbroken
for the one who allowed evil to destroy love and relationships.
I am heartbroken
for the lack of awareness and the absence of confession.
I am heartbroken
for the words and actions left unsaid and undone.
I see images
of the acceptance of the deceiver,
infiltrating the circles of the vulnerable
And I weep.

Where are our priorities?
That we spend too much time being the institution
rather than Your People?
There is so much blessing and so much to be grateful for...
Forgive me in my un forgiveness.

© A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.