Thursday 19 March 2020

Health Workers

I anxiously watch them. 
My anxiety is not just for the one I love. 
I am deeply anxious for them.
They try to comfort me with their professionalism and smiles,
But I can see their own anxiety, so I pray...


Healing God,
You called these amazing people
to serve in your great work.
Thank you.
Bless them in their service.
Give them deep restorative sleep
when they get a break.
Help them to keep laughing when they can.
Give them wisdom
in the difficult decisions
and the complexity of treatment.
May I always see their humanity
 and show my love and respect
for their dedication.

In these anxious times,
I pray for their families,
even as I know
they pray in their hearts
for my loved one.

Healing God,
Bring us all healing.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.