Tuesday 7 April 2020

Prayer for Isolation

On my own...
I stand by the window, my own community,
wondering what it means to be relational in isolation.
In this time and space, I see a faint reflection in the glass.
Eyes look back into mine, searching my soul, wondering what is there?
I consider my predicament, my identity, my desires.
I understand there must be more to life than this...

So, I pray:

What did it mean for you, Emmanuel,
to depart and break away from the community of holiness?
What did it mean for you to come here, leaving Heaven, to be Human?
What is it for me, one of your creatures,
to discover myself, apart from you, Yet, loved by you?
What is it for me to follow your footsteps
in discovering my life’s purposes,
not in self, but in being yours?

I cannot see others, yet they are on my heart.
I wonder if others remember me?
Lord - I feel alone.
Sometimes - I feel forgotten.
Is this a prison? Are my curtains the new version of prison bars?
O God - I feel grief and the panic rises inside me.
I place my faith in you.
Please calm my speedy heartbeat.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy

In the confusion of my disturbed spirit,
I ask you, in your Holy Spirit,
To come and bless me.
Fill my spirit with your wisdom and strength.
Fill my mind with your thoughts.
Guide my praying and guide me to be still.

I breathe ....
And pray you give me air in my lungs,
even as I pray for those who struggle to breathe.
In their isolation, I pray your make yourself known to them.
Guide me also to find ways of making your presence known to others through me being me.

In this isolation,
help me to know you better,
help me to know myself better,
help me discover your place for me in this new strange world.

In this isolation,
Be my Holy Friend.
Don’t leave me alone.
Help me remember you are always there.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.