Monday 6 April 2020

Prayer for Waiting for a Covid Test

Holy God,
Are you there?
Do you see me? Waiting?
Do you see anxiety and wondering?
Do you see into my cells?
Do you see what is happening in my body?
Are you issuing any directions on my behalf?

Spirit of God,
Surely you could be merciful to me.
Look upon me and have compassion,
For I am afraid and I do not want to show my fears to others.
I want to be strong. I want to be courageous.
I want to enable my body to be well and to fight off any illness.
Please let this just be a cold or a mild flu...

And yet, I know, Jesus came and understands my humanity.
Give me hope when things feel hopeless.
Give me light when things seem dark.
Give me an encouraging word and let me live my waiting well.
Comforter, draw near to me,
Hold me safe in your arms.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.