Tuesday 14 March 2017

Esther

Esther

Reflected in a mirror, I see my exiled face
Who gave me over to become a wife?
A Queen my Master made me – to people not my own
While mine are slaves and foreign to this place

O Esther, how came you here?
 What will you do?
 What have you done?
 Beware!

I did not choose to be here - taken from my people - dispossessed…
I am prize of warfare – a prize to be displayed
Today I’m Queen of Persia – but silent is my role
Do I dare disobey the boundaries of my life?

 O Esther, who are you here?
Can you be given voice before your King?
Do you have words
 from another Lord?

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.