Saturday 25 March 2017

Hannah

Hannah

There is joy, deep, deep in my heart,
Welling up to trumpet and praise the Lord:
Lifting praise high!

I am able to overcome the criticism of the scoffers
Who called me barren.
For I can now delight in your creation in my womb!

No-one lease is Divine.
No-one else is holy.
No-one else is the Rock, like our God!

This God of miracles has blessed me:
Seven times I am blest!
In the way of knowing my need
and hearing my prayer,
God is shown to be there – for me!.
This is the God who knows all.
This is the God who breaks armaments
And lifts-up those who are on the edges.
He will tend to them.
So the hungry and thirsty and poor and lonely
Will receive the promises of life.

(1 Samuel 1-2)

© 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.