Monday 27 March 2017

Jairus' Daughter

Jairus’ daughter

When I grow up… I will be honoured,
As one who has been blessed - beyond blessing.
I will be given in marriage – but not just to anyone!

My father will seek a man who understands
the ways of the synagogue
the ways of the Law - And
the Way of the Messiah…
for I am the living proof
that he who came among us
raises the living from the dead.

When I grow up… I will be known,
not for what I achieve or what I will become…
but for this moment,
when I embodied the sign of Heaven on earth,
of the promise of life beyond life,
of fulfillment,
of hope.

When I grow up… and become full of years,
I will be remembered as a girl… vulnerable,
symbolizing lost potential
- and holy completion.

(Mark 5:21-43, Matthew 9:18-26, Luke 8:40-56)

© 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.