Thursday 2 March 2017

Tamar

Lenten Discipline

Throughout Lent 2017, I will be posting a reflection or prayer (most days) about the women in the Scriptures... happy to get feedback, questions or comments.


Tamar

Broken, I come begging for restoration.
In my shame, I cannot be healed.
In my pain, I carry in my body
the wounds of soul-less violence.

O Wisdom, what have you permitted in me?
Why have you forsaken the faithfulness of my virtue?

Anger and despair mingle with the blood and soiling of my bed.
Is this what it means to be human?
I am no longer to be counted among the beloved.
I only exist in the hopelessness of creation’s memory.

With each thrust of violence, I have been killed.
With each shocking word, my identity has been dismantled.

O Wisdom, what have you done?
Where are you? Where is your mercy?

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.