Sunday 2 July 2017

10. Volunteer Prayer


O God, equip me for service.
I want to make a difference
in your world.
I want to live my life well
and pass on the blessings
I have received.

Give me meaningful work
and the capacity to do it.
Give me friends and colleagues,
that I may work within a community
that values each and every contribution.

I summon what energy I have
and ask you to grow it.
I offer my heart and mind,
my hands and feet,
my eyes and ears,
my laughter and tears,
my hopes and fears.

O God, I ask for your blessing,
that my life may be used to love others
in your name.
Amen.

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.