Tuesday 4 July 2017

Under the Mat - Confession Meditation


Based on Matthew 11:28-30
For my Samoan teacher and Matai, Tongia Wilson.

Under the grass,
the oppression of spirit is expressed in our bodies.

We sit.
We wait.
We sorrow.

Under the grass
there is no relationship – only waiting.

Even among others, I am alone.
Even their breathing reminds me of shame.
Even my heartbeat makes me long for restoration.

We sit.
We pray.
We wonder.

Under the grass
there is brokenness
– there is longing.

How did we come to this?
How did we misstep?
How can my life be different?

We sit.
We sweat.
We hunger.

Wait upon the mercy of the Spirit of God.
Wait for forgiveness and restoration.
Wait for the Life-giver to plant a new possibility.

In the waiting, we ask for healing for others.
In the waiting, we ask for healing for ourselves.
In the waiting, we ask for wholeness.

We sit.
We thirst.
We weary.

Come to me,
all you who are carrying weight upon you.
I will give you rest.
Take my carrying pole on your shoulder
and learn my Way,
for my heart is gentle and humble for you
and in it you will find soul-rest.
My carrying pole is easy to share
and my load is not hard to carry.

Come into the light
– Your sins are forgiven!
Thanks be to God!

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.