Sunday 2 July 2017

5. Seeking refuge – wondering from afar…


From afar, I wonder:
How do you leave your home behind?
How do you choose
something of home to keep with you?
How do you part
with the precious symbols of times past?

From afar, I wonder:
Which direction will you turn?
How will you know if you are ever safe again?
When will you be able to sleep, restfully, once more?

From afar, I wonder:
What do you seek?
Who will take you in?
When will you find peace?

While you steel your heart and set your mind,
While you summon your courage and turn your body,
I weep for you.
I weep for our unsharing world.
I weep for us.


(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.