Tuesday 4 July 2017

Eternity Lovesong


For Friends
A listening reflection (for when you have been given a shell)

This small shell contains a pearl of great price.
Can you hear the treasure?

Place the shell to your ear and listen:
Listen for the Voice that told you of love.
Listen for the whispers and murmurings of delight.
Listen for a heartbeat
or the movement of a wisp of hair.
Listen for your tears or a chuckle from an old friend.
Listen for the last breath or the first cry.

Can you hear the treasure?

Everything I have I give to you,
For the treasure you offer is beyond any worth.
Everything I am I live to you,
For you are the anchor of my life.

I listen for you.
I hear you
In the silence.

(C) 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.