Wednesday 12 February 2020

Evocation #58 Food and Feasts





I am invited. I accept.
I am grateful for thoughfulness.


It is strange how little things seem so much bigger.
Messages.
Calls.
Photos.


People who remember dates - surprise me.
They must be good pray-ers...
not necessarily the ones who compose articulate prayers,
but people who hold you
and abide in God with their generous thoughts.
This mindfulness seems huge and a form of spiritual hug.


I order premade meals for a week
so I do not have to cook for one.
I took pleasure in cooking for him,
in feeding him,
in caring for him.
I gave energy to find anything he might like
or respond to,
foods and drinks for please or health.


Does anyone else in the world use so much organic tumeric or aloe?


So now the orange root grows mouldy and the aloe takes over the balcony.
They miss him too.


I will feast in my soul with friends and family.
They love me and I love them.
I am invited. I accept.
I am grateful for thoughfulness.


© A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.