Thursday 13 February 2020

Evocation #59 Tonight

I understand about the stars...
Sometimes you feel so distant you must be that far away.
So, I search the skies for signs of heaven
and wonder
about the absence of heaven and the absence of you.

At other times, you might as well be in the seat 
here, by my side.
I chat away to you - perhaps not audibly, 
but I can hear 
and I’m sure you can.

So far - so close - 
So distant - so near.

Tonight there are clouds in the sky.
The signs will be hard to identify 
but behind the clouds is still there.
I do not have the evidence, 
but I do have faith.

Break through in my dreams, beloved.
Break through and come to my longing heart.
Break through and convince me to keep breathing.
Break through the fog and whisper in my spirit.

© A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.