Tuesday 25 February 2020

Evocation #68 Definitions

Paraplegia?
Surprise in the tone as a friend is caught off-guard...
Did I miss something? she thinks with confusion.
Ahem.... he couldn’t use his right arm or right leg.
Oh - of course!
Mental adjustments as realisation hits home.
What is your identity?
Is it caught up in the scars on your face?
Is it found in your hair cut or colour?
Who are you?
Mr Ambidextrous?
Do not define me by cancer!
Or disability!
Or gender!

I am Child of God.
I am Reflection of Creator.
I am Delight and Joy.
I am Lover and Beloved.
I am Wonder and Wonder-fully made.
I am Community and Bearer of Heart.
I am Edges and Centre.
I am AND I am of the I AM.

© A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.