Friday 17 January 2020

Evocation #30 Sorrow

Waking up,
the tears stream into the already damp shawl.
I’m sorry, I whisper, I’m sorry.
I repeat the words,
forcing them to be true.
Even as you reflect them back to me,
I’m sorry... so sorry.

I know we have forgiven,
nevertheless I cannot unremember.
It was the blessing for you -
unremembering -
remembering only love.

Remembering jumble and fall onto the floor,
Like toys escaping a cupboard in a nursery.
Tidiness is only ever a pretense at temporary order,
For chaos is the more natural state
of affair.

Yes - I love you,
despite your betrayal
at not being here.
I try to hold my heart
so it doesn’t drop onto the floor too
causing my eyes leak to some more.

Ah, chaos and sorrow,
you dance a slow dance,
to soulful music of
constant beat and sighing melodies.
We hum along, whispering again
I’m sorry... I’m sorry.

(C) A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.