Tuesday 28 January 2020

Evocation #45 Meeting

Do I ramble when I talk about you?...
how we met,
how you filled the room,
the sacrifices you made for me,
the care I had for you.
I tell a stranger about you,
trusting in professionalism and qualifications,
knowing the tears and brokenness are at hand.
You are impossible to describe
to capture in words.
But I do smile when I talk about you...

Made a mark in waiting rooms
Courage offered for free
Questions, answers, jokes and smiles
Wrapping people in the story of encouragement
King Terry of the Land of blessing and generosity!
Coach always, striker occasionally,
Vocal, except when words escaped.
You met people in the waiting rooms of anxiety
And dished out purpose and direction not just for them,
or yourself,
but for me too.
Who knew?

I need some of that now,
So I go hunting and speaking to strangers,
Trusting that your spirit pervades my soul
Wherever and whenever I talk about you.

(c) A A Koh-Butler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.