Sunday 19 March 2017

Rahab

Enough Rope (Rahab)

In the wall, you’ll find my place
Here I meet every desire
You can leave without a trace
So my story may inspire.

Here the place to comfort spies
Lonely from ongoing war
Tell my tales and form my lies
Bring your coin – I’d not be poor.

Soldiers come to find you out
Searching with platoon of guard
Hide up top and mind my shout
Keeping quiet won’t be hard.

Do not think I am a maid
Naivety has no place here
This working girl must be paid
Lest betrayal leads to fear.

As I save your sorry arse
Note I want my own reward
Do not try your words to parse
Witness my claim on your Lord.

I will help you to get free -
You must promise to be brave.
Your commitment’s not just for me
But all my family’s lives to save.

Make your vow and check what’s said
When walls do fall and battle’s won
We won’t be among the dead
When invasion has been done.

(Rahab – Joshua 2)

© 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.