Wednesday 8 March 2017

International Women's Day 2017

This morning I attended a breakfast with amazing and wonderful women.
It was a treat!

I was asked to say a few words about why I am doing these poems about women in scripture...

Some years ago, I was asked by a diocese to review their formation for ministry materials. I did. I fed back to them that the content seemed excellent and the educational structure and elements were very good. The lesson-panning was first rate. How could it be improved?

Well (pause)... the content... well - you leave out all the chick bits!

What chick bits?

References to the women.

What women?

All the many women in the Bible.

But - we didn't learn about the women. (So they can't be important)

...
I rest my case.

_______

(C) 2017, Michael Vile - "Mary and Martha"

These poems and reflections are written to encourage people to relook at the Scriptures and find the many women. They are there and they have amazing stories. They were included for a reason... so, stop editing them out. Go back. Have a look. See what you discover from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.