Sunday 26 March 2017

Makeda - Queen of Sheba

Makeda - Queen of Sheba

Love? No – maybe it was more of a curiosity…
A fascination with a legend.
I have had presented chiefs and princes…
The finest warriors and generals,
the richest men with the greatest lands.
I have no need to search,
But my interest has been aroused
by the tales of Wisdom.
What man is really wise?
Is there such a beast?
If so, might he be worthy of my attentions?
These days, I could be bored,
for my wealth is unsurpassed,
My lands are peaceful,
My realm is stable.
What more could a girl ask for?
I seek adventure… to travel to exotic places,
To meet interesting people…
To see this Temple of wonder
Being built for a single God!
Perhaps I will find more than sights to see?
Perhaps I will find a King worthy of a Queen?

(1 Kings 10:1-13 or 2 Chronicles 9:1)

© 2017, A.Koh-Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to hearing from you.
When making a comment, please remember this is a site frequented by young people and those who may not be up with your jargon.